COVID 19 – Policy
Sara Johnson – Connect to Calm
(Updated 16th September 2020)
I am now delivering in person Reiki treatments in my Reiki Room, based in Bitteswell, Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
This document highlights the enhanced policies and processes for in person Reiki treatments with me, as identified in my updated Risk Assessment, in order to minimise the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19.
Booking your Reiki Appointment
The booking process is as normal – with all appointments pre-booked via phone call, text or email.
Upon confirmation of your appointment you will receive via email the Client information/ consent form and also be directed to this COVID-19 Policy form, so that you can make an informed decision as to whether you would like to continue with an in person appointment. Distant reiki is available as an option if you would prefer not to commence with in person treatments. If it is not possible to email the Client Information/ Consent form, it is possible to discuss this via telephone.
If you are defined as ‘clinically vulnerable’, please refer to the latest government guidance/ advice to determine whether it is safe for you to attend at this time.
Prior to arrival
You are requested to complete and return the online Client Information/ Consent form to my email – firstname.lastname@example.org. I will contact you via email/ telephone if your form indicates any contraindication/s as to whether you would not be able to commence a Reiki treatment.
COVID-19 Risk Measures – please follow these guidelines when attending your Reiki appointment:
If in the last 14 days have you, or anyone in your household, had any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 listed below, or knowingly been in contact with anyone with these symptoms please DO NOT attend your appointment. Please notify me directly and an alternative appointment will be rescheduled.
– HIGH TEMPERATURE – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
– CONTINUOUS COUGH – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
– LOSS OR CHANGE TO YOUR SENSE OF SMELL OR TASTE – this means you have noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If your original appointment is cancelled due to COVID-19, please note you will not be charged.
Please arrive at the start time of your appointment. Entrance to the Reiki Room will be via the side gate at the front of the property. Please ring the front door doorbell and I will meet you at the side gate to collect you. You will be guided to firstly wash your hands (observing social distance) and then directed to the treatment room. Hand sanitiser will also be provided or you can use your own. I will also wash and sanitise my hands.
In line with government recommendations I will be wearing a face covering. It is your decision as to whether you wear a mask also.
During the Reiki Treatment
I will ask you to confirm consent to the treatment before we begin, and double check the information you provided on the Client Information/ Consent form. During the treatment I will ensure skin to skin contact is avoided. I will use clean clothes (that I usually use in treatments) to cover any uncovered skin.
Please bring your own water in a sealed bottle.
Please take extra care to refrain from touching surfaces as much as possible during your appointment. I will sanitise all potential contact points before and after your visit.
Payment – please during this time, make payment online (either before or during the session), or cash payments are still accepted at the appointment.
All appointments will finish on time to ensure no cross cover and allow time for enhanced cleaning.
Details of all risk measures I have put into place:
– I am offering a reduced number of appointments, only 2 per day so there is no cross over.
– The treatment room window will remain open to increase air flow.
– The downstairs bathroom is designated as the client’s bathroom and will be cleaned before and after each client.
– Myself and clients will wash hands before the treatment begins.
– Hand sanitiser will be provided in the bathroom and treatment room.
– Social distancing will be maintained at all times, until the point of treatment begins.
– All non wipe surfaces (i.e. therapy bed blankets, covers etc) will be fully washed.
– I will be wearing a face covering during the appointment.
– Enhanced cleaning of all contact points will take place before and after each treatment.
– A flexible/ reschedule booking option has been introduced if suspected COVID-19 (i.e. late cancellations due to COVID-19 will not be charged for and the appointment will be rescheduled).