Jikiden Reiki Shoden Level 1
The first level in Jikiden reiki is Shoden. You learn how to treat yourself and others physically. You learn many techniques, highlighted below, to help improve your body and mind and that of others. For many people it is a life changing experience. It is said that once you awaken the dormant Reiki within, you begin a transformational journey. There are no pre-requisites to learn Shoden level and previous experience of Reiki is not required. See request that all participants are over the age of 16.
Jikiden Reiki Shoden Course Content
- The history of Reiki in Japan
- How Japanese culture is intrinsic to the understanding of Reiki
- Receive 3 Reiju (attunements). A Japanese process of 'Reiki activation' that helps you return to your natural state of being.
- The meaning & background behind the Shirushi (symbol) used for treatment & how & when to use it
- The meaning and history behind the GOKAI (5 principles)
- First Aid techniques
- The concept of Byosen (how to detect & treat areas with high concentration of toxins)
- Practice giving and receiving Reiki
- A Japanese meditation technique to hone sensitivity in your hands
- A massage (blood circulation) technique
After the Shoden course you will be able to:
- Use Reiki to treat yourself and enhance your natural healing system
- Give full treatments to others for injuries, minor ailments, more serious conditions, relaxation and rejuvenation
- Give first aid using Reiki
- Identify which areas in a person’s body have high concentration of toxins or Byosen
- Start to become aware of the sensations in your hands, which can indicate to you the levels of toxins in the body.
- Perform a massage technique used at the end of most treatments (Ketsueki Kokan Ho)
- Have a home practice to help enhance the sensitivity of the hands so that Byosen be felt more easily and keep the Reiki flow stronger (Hatsurei Ho)
- Chant the Gokai in Japanese!!
Bring the MAGIC of Reiki in your life. Please contact Sara to book your place.